In todays tech scene the ability to quickly innovate, experiment, and iterate can mean the difference between success and failure. However, coming up with innovative solutions without room to explore, experiment, and iterate can be a challenge. That’s why many companies are starting to create hybrid roles to bridge the gap between design and engineering.
This role is perfectly explained in the Design Engineering Handbook by Invision written by the industry’s top leaders.
Simply put, design engineering is where solutions are created at the intersection of design and development.
Chapter 4: Design engineering organizational model is particularly insightful where it explains how different organizational structures can bring product teams, stakeholders and customer close together.
This Week In Noteworthy
Here is the list of design related resources, ideas and news that you may find interesting.
(1) Book - The design engineering handbook
(3) Resource - This Figma design template by Dropbox
Here is the list of programming related resources, ideas and news that you may find interesting.
(1) Article (SwiftUI) - Integrating SwiftUI with UIKit apps for early adoption
(2) News (Web) - Story book 6 is out with great new features
(3) News (Web) - The release of React 17
Until next week,